Getting cyber safe doesn't have to be complicated. With the right resources and tools, you can stay safe and secure online. Here's a handy checklist for protecting your data online.
- I have a unique, strong password for each of my accounts.
- I am using a password manager.
- I enable multi-factor authentication (MFA) on all my accounts.
- I look out for signs of scams and verify any suspicious links or emails before opening them.
- I changed the default name and password on my Wi-Fi network.
- I enabled automatic updates for all my software and devices.
- I downloaded and installed an anti-virus software from a trusted source on my devices.
- I disabled any device features that I don't need.
- I deleted any apps that I don't use.
- I make sure all of my online shopping transactions are secure and from a trusted source.
- I follow Get Cyber Safe for information and resources on cyber security.
For more information on any of the steps in this checklist, go to:
Catalogue number: D96-63/2021E-PDF | ISBN: 978-0-660-39249-3
Cyber security checklist
Report a problem on this page
- Date modified: