Saving money is great and all, but we think saving your devices is just a little bit better. Choose one (or more!) of these New Year’s resolutions to get more cyber safe in the new year.
Start with these key steps.
- Update and strengthen your passwords
- Enable multi-factor authentication where available
- Turn on automatic updates
Make your smart home even smarter
Keep your smart devices safe from threats.
- Secure your Wi-Fi network
- Review smart device settings
- Cover up any unused cameras
Start shopping safely
Treat yourself to cyber-safe shopping habits.
- Don’t let websites save your credit card info
- Don’t use public Wi-Fi when shopping
- Look for HTTPS and a green lock in the address bar
Scrub your social
Save your most personal info for people you’ve actually met.
- Be careful sharing personal info on public accounts
- Untag yourself from inappropriate photos
- Review your privacy settings
Make your business more secure
Protect what you’ve worked so hard to build.
- Create cyber safety policies
- Educate your employees
- Promote device security
Be a cyber safe ambassador
Help your friends and family get cyber safe.
- Follow @GetCyberSafe on social
- Share Get Cyber Safe articles and blogs
- Check GetCyberSafe.ca for the latest information
No matter which resolution you make, we wish you a happy and cyber safe New Year!